Hello and Welcome to our Homestead!

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by my new blog Heirloom Seed Homesteader.  I had to start fresh after FB blocked my last one.  Social media can be a bit frustrating!  

I'm not new to blogging or homesteading but I thought it would be nice to start fresh on a new blog.  This will be our adventures working on our tiny piece of paradise.  You might see the occasional seed post but not as much as you will at Mary's Blog.

So how about I introduce myself.  I'm Mary and I love growing food naturally and organically.  I currently have 13 chickens and I'm looking forward to adding a few more animals to our homestead.  We started with 6 Rhode Island Reds over a year ago and then added to our flock.  Currently we only have layers but I'd like to add meat birds as well.


The Real Food Revolution is very important to me.  I feel that the more active we are in our food supply, the better we understand the process and the healthier we can live.  My first gardening experience was as a child helping my granny in the garden.  She grew the best, juiciest tomatoes that the entire family raved about.  I've grown on a patio balcony, in a tiny backyard in SoCal, A tiny backyard in South Florida and now a larger property in a small semi-rural town in Southern California.

I started Mary's Heirloom Seeds back in 2011 with the goal in mind to teach people to grow the healthiest, most successful garden possible.  I LOVE being "the seed lady" and look forward to many years of helping people grow food.



The newest addition to our adventures is our Etsy Shop SoCal Homestead.  This will feature a hodge podge of fun items.

When I'm not tending to our gardens, hanging out with chickens or working in our Seed Shop, I'm usually hanging out with family or helping my Dad in his skate shop.  Crazy right?  So this seed lady is also a skate shop chick every now and then.

If you've read this far, awesome!  I'll be posting a few updates in the next few days.  Never a dull moment on here on our Heirloom Seed Homestead.  


Comments

Popular Posts